Let’s just cut straight to the margaritas.
But don’t forget the margaritas. I’m a purist at heart (lime-based, no “slushies”), but this jalapeño“enhanced” version with some muddled orange sounds mighty good to me, skinny or not. It comes from Patrick McMenamin, the Bar Manager at Salt Creek Grille in the Forrestal Center, and they’ll be serving it up for the holiday.
Besides the margarita, Salt Creek Grille sent two more recipes (not on the menu, but doable at home): Tuna Ceviche Tostadas, and Filet Mignon Empanadas topped with a Poblano Pepper and Tomatillo Salsa.
JALAPEÑO-ORANGE SKINNY MARGARITA
(120 Calories; 14g sugar)
Patron SIlver Tequila, Organic Lime Juice, Fresh Orange, Jalapeño-infused simple syrup.
Recipe Created by Patrick McMenamin, Salt Creek Grille
|Ingredients (per drink)||Calories||Sugar|
|1½ oz. Patron Silver Tequila||69||0g|
|½ oz. Jalapeño-infused simple syrup||36||10g|
|1½ oz. Organic Lime Juice||0||0g|
|2 Orange Slices (1/4 of an orange)||15||4g|
Jalapeño-Infused Simple Syrup Recipe
Yields ~10 oz. (20 drinks)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Jalapeño Peppers
- Slice the ends off the Jalapeños and cut in half vertically
- Heat water and sugar in a pot and stir until sugar dissolves
- Bring to a boil and add sliced jalapeños
- Lower heat and cover
- Let simmer for 20 minutes
- Remove from heat strain jalapeños; press with a spoon until most of the syrup is out of them
- Let cool.
Drink Preparation (for each drink)
- Muddle one of the orange slices with the simple syrup in a mixer glass
- Fill glass with ice and add tequila and lime juice
- Shake well and pour.