Filed under Community

Coming Right Up: Hopewell Valley Restaurant Week!

Coming Right Up: Hopewell Valley Restaurant Week!

Hopewell Valley Restaurant Week is back! I love to see restaurant owners joining forces to build business, especially those that are locally owned, often by the chef. So it’s great to see that Hopewell Valley restaurateurs are doing so again this year. The dates for the second annual Hopewell Valley Restaurant Week are March 5-13, with … Continue reading

Winter Farmers Markets Coming Right Up

Winter Farmers Markets Coming Right Up

Our two Princeton area markets are coming up soon: The West Windsor Community Farmers Market‘s February date is Saturday, February 13, at the Windsor Athletic Club, 99 Clarksville Road in West Windsor, 10:00am to 1:00pm. Enjoy a wide variety of greens, salad mix, root vegetables, winter squash, mushrooms, jams, sauces, ghee, pastured meats and poultry, artisan … Continue reading

Crazy For Cookbooks Photos are posted

Crazy For Cookbooks Photos are posted

With thanks to Princeton Public Library’s Janie Hermann, here is the link for the photos from the Crazy For Cookbooks event at the Princeton Public Library earlier this month at which panelists, including area food writers, chefs and publishers, discussed what makes a good cookbook and revealed their personal favorites. The panel included Yours Truly; Christopher Hirsheimer and Melissa … Continue reading

July’s Best Bites

July’s Best Bites

Considering how much time I spend at home hiding from the heat, I still managed to enjoy a few casual meals out in July. And, after rushed forays to the market, I cooked up a storm in my kitchen – Central A.C., I love you! (I try not to abuse the A.C., but am just too miserable … Continue reading

Blueberry Pie for All – contest recipes

Blueberry Pie for All – contest recipes

Here are more recipes from the July 4 blueberry pie contest at the West Windsor Community Farmers Market. I also want to add a shout-out to Market Manager Chris Cirkus for her fantastic contest organization, and for her signboard for the contest (Featured photo & at bottom of this post)- it deserves a prize of … Continue reading